Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 05:03:50 +0800

>i'm glad our stations have enough sense to air anime,
>heheh. despite the colonial mentality towards
>america, there are a lot of anime on philippine tv.
>gundam only came aroung recently. i think patlabor
>was aired too...no?
>-garrick

Yes it was. the problem was that the series' humor did not translate well
to filipino language and sensibilities, and the fact that the kits
were...and still not...on sale here in large quantities. no merchandise
combined with what some people saw as boring storyline led to a predictably
lackluster rating. it got cut after about a month or so...at least, that's
what i remember.

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter