garrick lee (kapshiaw@yahoo.com)
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 08:10:24 -0700 (PDT)

i really hate categorizing series (or anything at all)
as "best" or "worst". it's all subjective, and gets
nowhere. no one series is "best" or "worst" to me.

> I would rank wing up there with one of the all time
> crap series. The story is
> so "bootleg", the point of hiring new writers for
> the alternate universes was
> to make a few original stories not a messed One Year
> War, Char's Counterattack
> and 0083 rolled up into one short, badly drawn
> series.

methinks wing had better artwork and designs
(character AND mecha) than g gundam. at the very
least, wing didn't have those wacked-out kung fu moves
(no "shining finger" either...) and goofy dragonball
premise. storywise, i'd say they were both the same
quality -- i'm just able to like (and dislike, for
that matter) different aspects of both.

overall, i think g wing is a good retelling. could
have been better. not as good as it's made out to be,
but not as crappy either.

> I mean I could understand you if you say X is boring
> and hell yeah its boring
> but Wing is totally just plagerism. Why Tomino
> Yoshiyuki let that guy write
> such a story is beyond me. Not just that but MS's of
> the series are also
> bootleg.

well, by your logic, you could say that of the whole
gundam universe. since all the gundams take off from
another and they all look so alike. turn a gundam
would be the only one that isn't a "bootleg" gundam.
and look how much flak THAT got. :P

> Wing just hints at a rejected Zeta. Shenglong/altron
> just reaks of Dragon from
> G and also the ideas of different nationalties of
> the pilots just reminded me
> too much of G Gundam.

the neo-bird is just plain ugly (as is the airmaster
fighter mode).

dragon gundam -- shenlong -- virsago.

no big deal. at least the shenlong/altron and virsago
kits have better arm extension than the dragon gundam.
 not to mention that they look better.

heavyarms -- leopard.

uh..hmm, both have the same dumb knife. 'nuff said.
:)

> I know it was really popluar but it annoys me when
> copycats take so much
> credit geez..

you're only saying that because it's an alternate
universe. :P but if you take a look at the u.c.
series, many plots, themes and overtones are used over
and over again.

-garrick