Fri, 24 Sep 1999 19:54:28 -0700 (PDT)

--- Yves Sakai <yves@hawaii.edu> wrote:

>> On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Der UberHanyok wrote:
>>
>> I think CGI only really works well as special
>> effects - it doesn't work right with cartoons as
the
>> ONLY method of art. (A few movies, as previously
>> noted, have done the cartoon/CG mix pretty well.)
>> Someone will prove me wrong one day, I'm sure, but
>> until that day I'll stick to actual animation.
>
> Dunno... I thought the animation in Toy Story, A
> Bug's Life, Antz, Reboot, Beast Wars, and others I
> can't think of right now were pretty darn good. I
> am interested in seeing ILM's Frankenstein and the
> Final Fantasy as well.

The CGs in "The 08th MS Team" OVA (episode 6, when the
'08 Team' rehearsing the steps to capture Apsaras I)
brend well with the animation. Likewise, the
transforming sequence (IIRC) of "Gao Gai Dar" are
mixed with CG and it look just as natural and good.

Can't wait to watch "G-Saviour"!! ^_^

=====
Nightingale