Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 15:51:00 -0700

Rodrick Su observes,

>When Flint first shows up, I had to recheck the page. They GMnized a
>Crossbone Gundam. You know the process, remove the V antenna, put a visor
>over the eyes cameras, and simplified the mobile suit.

  Actually, I think the Flint is actually the first mass-produced Gundam
spinoff that retains the two eyes and the chin piece (one eye is covered
by some sort of targeting lens) - as such, it seems like a conceptual
ancestor of the GunEZ...

>I mean, other than
>newtype/aces, who has time to learn how to use scissor anchor.

  RIght - its armamanent is rather simplified. As you note, the Crossbone
Gundam is remarkable for actually using all those gadgets, but less
skilled pilots probably wouldn't get around to exploiting the scissor
anchors, screw whips, heat daggers, and so on. (Though I suspect just
about any pilot would appreciate the Murasama Blaster!)

-- Mark