Su, Rodrick (rsu@tigana.com)
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 15:18:32 -0700

When Flint first shows up, I had to recheck the page. They GMnized a
Crossbone Gundam. You know the process, remove the V antenna, put a visor
over the eyes cameras, and simplified the mobile suit. The stuff they
removed are mostly for cost/function purpose. I mean, other than
newtype/aces, who has time to learn how to use scissor anchor. The cross
brand marker/beam shield was simplified to just beam shield (I think cost
factor here). The zanber and beam as well as their combo has been
simplified to just regular beam rifle, and the pair of heat daggers were
omitted probably for cost. And the core fighter function was also removed,
though not the Cross shaped boosters.

Of all of the Mobile Suits over the UC continum, Crossbone Gundam most
closely resembles a swiss army knife. It has 2 regular beam saber/launcher
(I believe when in the core buster mode, they function more like a beam
launcher), 1 medium range beam gun shaped like a flint lock pistle, a large
beam zanber which combined with the beam gun can be used to fire a tactical
atomic shell. 2 set of familiar 60mm vulcan guns, 2 more machine cannons, 2
scissor anchor for close quarter combat. 2 beam shield that can be turn
into offensive weapon brand marker, very useful for very close quarter
combat. and 2 heat dagger just in case you really ran out of weapons. Also
unlike some of the other Mobile Suits, they use every last bit of the
weapons on these Gundams.