Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 12:56:05 -0700

Rodrick writes,

>I like the mecha designs of Crossbone Gundam, but the character design isn't
>up to par. I mean, you got these wonderfully swiss army knife like
>Crossbone Gundam piloting by badly designed characters (I really like the
>character design of F91, so Crossbone's character
>design is really disappointing).

  Can't argue with you there. We have Seabook and Cecily, aged 17 in F91;
now they're 27, and they look about 7. I'd love to see them all redrawn
by a better artist.

  But otherwise, you have these awesomely cool mobile suits (especially
the wheeled Vagon), nice sets and ships, and a story better than just
about any animated UC sequel (aside from the bit where the orangutan
drives the worker mobile suit, perhaps). And the battle sequences! My
god! How can you beat the Crossbone versus F91 duel? Or the desperate
struggle against the onslaught of dead-eyed Divinidads?

-- Mark