Der UberHanyok (mhanyo1@umbc.edu)
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 13:25:17 -0400

> Wait, those Iron Kits...what's the metallic coating? how was it applied?

At the risk of toppling scores of model boxes, I pulled out my [currently
unfinished] Iron Legioss kit. The "coating" is well, exactly that. It seems
to be another layer of coating over the plastic, and the model glue I have
just doesn't like it. It's actually pretty noticeable where I sanded to get
some parts to stick together... and there's an off-white layer of gluable
(is that a real word) plastic under the shiny stuff. It's not like the shiny
stuff used in the VF-19kai shiny model, and probably isn't the same as the
stuff used in special edition MG kits - different company and all.

Matt "pointless babble" Hanyok
http://deruberhanyok.freeservers.com/
"Amazing. You spoke all that but didn't actually say anything."