Fri, 24 Sep 1999 08:34:16 -0700 (PDT)

--- Chris Beilby <cbeilby@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> I have read the Kodansha's manga of "Gundam 0080".
>> The story was drawn in typical Japanese manga style
>> (i.e., graphically striking w/o regards of
>> proportion), so if you are looking for OVA-style
>> illustration on this "0080" manga, you will be
>> disappointed. Yet, it has some additional segments
>> exclusive to this book, such as Lt. Col. Killing's
>> fleet was wiped out by a wave of Federal Force's
MS,
>> including FA-78-1 "Full Armored Gundam" that does
>> not appear on the OVA. At the end of the book also
>> includes a short segment of 0080's MS spec. My
>> verdict for this book: stay away if you are
>> not a manga fan.
>
> Where did they dig up the FA-78-1?!?

Ha! That's the magic of manga, in which the
illustrator / author can add new materials for the
'extra bits' without hurting the main story. The MSV's
FA-78-1 is a Gundam variant in the One Year War era,
so it doesn't hurt to throw in some previously not
animated mechas for fans' enjoyment.

=====
Nightingale