garrick lee (kapshiaw@yahoo.com)
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 07:35:20 -0700 (PDT)

hey, i should drop in on your cubicle sometime richie!

out of curiosity...what models do you have in your
cubicle?

to the matter at hand...i've never heard much of model
kit affection labelled as "immature". as long as the
people know that they're "model kits". they seem to
draw the line between a model kit and a toy. but
since those very same people are the ones who consider
drag racing, drinking, bar-hopping and one-night
stands as 'mature adult' things...i think we can
safely discount their opinions. :P

what DOES get my goat is when people look down on
ANYTHING that's animated (any anime for that matter).
and those same people all go wooshy wooshy gaga on
walt disney animated feature films.

worst of all are those nimrods who look down on gundam
or macross or any 'silly robot show' (because they
don't understand them and think they're for kids), but
go all teary eyed when they see voltes v, the
"greatest anime ever". begging pardon, but that's
pitiful.

now don't get me wrong, i've tuned in for the past 36
friday nights to watch voltes v and even went to see
the theatrical release of the last five episodes...but
all that glorification is too much for me. there's so
much stuff that you can poke fun at voltes v, but it's
immune because it's cult. gah!

-garrick