Soo Tiong Hong (sooth@pacific.net.sg)
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 21:14:50 +0800

How about normal bleach? Dilute the bleach with water, and soak the chrome
parts in it. It works with my car models.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gundam@turn-a.aeug.org
[mailto:owner-gundam@turn-a.aeug.org]On Behalf Of Der UberHanyok
Sent: Friday, September 24, 1999 8:49 PM
To: gundam@aeug.org
Subject: Re: [gundam] MG Hyaku-Shiki?

> what's a good way to strip all that chrome stuff, anyway?

Due to a series of slight mistakes while building my VF-19 special (the
shiny one), I learned that testor's model glue (the liquid stuff that you
apply with the brush) eats that stuff right off the kit. Fortunately it was
only a small portion.

Dunno if bandai is still using that chrome, however... I have a pair of the
Mospeada "Iron" kits and that stuff just repels the glue - I have to use
sandpaper to get the chrome off so I can glue the parts.

Matt "pointless babble" Hanyok
http://deruberhanyok.freeservers.com/
"Amazing. You spoke all that but didn't actually say anything."