Fri, 24 Sep 1999 03:02:39 -0700 (PDT)

--- Otro que Muerde el Polvo <ajimenez@lared.net.pe>
wrote:

> Could anybody please advise me about the quality of
> Kodansha BomBom Comics Mobile Suit Gundam F91 and
> Mobile Suit Gundam 0080? Are they faithful
> adaptations only or do they include additional >
info/material?

> Both are being published in Spain, but I ask before
> buying because The Gundam Project states:
"Kodansha's
> Comic BomBom anthology has traditionally published
> comic adaptations of each Gundam series as it airs,
> with the occasional original Gundam story in
between.
> These comics are of mixed quality, ranging from
> high-quality original stories to dumbed-down kiddie
> versions".

I have read the Kodansha's manga of "Gundam 0080". The
story was drawn in typical Japanese manga style (i.e.,
graphically striking w/o regards of proportion), so if
you are looking for OVA-style illustration on this
"0080" manga, you will be disappointed. Yet, it has
some additional segments exclusive to this book, such
as Lt. Col. Killing's fleet was wiped out by a wave of
Federal Force's MS, including FA-78-1 "Full Armored
Gundam" that does not appear on the OVA. At the end of
the book also includes a short segment of 0080's MS
spec. My verdict for this book: stay away if you are
not a manga fan.

=====
Nightingale