BlazeEagle@aol.com
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 20:57:11 EDT

In a message dated 9/23/99 8:34:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time, mhanyo1@umbc.edu
writes:

> fair enough. I think it all comes down to a matter of taste - what aspects
> you liked most about the original shows.
>
> Personally (I don't know if this is how it is for others), I'm a big fan of
> the actual animation. No matter how nice the CG looks, it won't ever be
> "animation." That was my favorite thing about the older shows. Even in
newer
> series, movies, heck, even games (The Playstation 2 Gradius Video, for
> example), those are AWESOME graphics, but it's just not animation.
>
> That just kills it for me. If I want CG, I'll watch Babylon 5. I think it's
> a nice thing to try out (like G-Saviour... whatever happened to that
> anyways?), but if the series was originally animated, there's a quality
that
> can't be captured in computer graphics. (HAH! I brought it back on topic!)

Oh, I see what you mean. I feel the same way about animation, at least for
now. CGI is good, but it's not as good animation, CGI, for characters, at
least currently, makes the characters feel somewhat emotionless, at least for
human characters, but for Beast Wars, since the Transformers are machines,
even though they are living machines, CGI works okay for me. I like CGI, but
I don't care too much for CGI humans, can't imangine an all CGI true UC
Gundam series. Machines look good as CGI, even Gundams would if done right,
but I don't care too much for CGI humans.

Aaron