Der UberHanyok (mhanyo1@umbc.edu)
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 20:54:35 -0400

> I don't know if I agree with you here, for example, this summer's Iron
> Giant did an excellent job of blending CG and animation and still having
it
> look like animation. Obviously a fully CG show would have a much harder
> time accomplishing this, especially if everyone has preformed conceptions
> from the original animated series, but as a proof of concept I think that
> the movie worked pretty well.
>
> Jonathan Rosenfeld

call it a crime, but I didn't see "The Iron Giant." I wanted too, but never
got around to it. Fortunately it will soon be out (already is out?) and I
will be able to buy it. I will however, agree with you that CG AND animation
can be blended to a very good effect, but CG alone can't do it. I suppose I
should have thought of the combination of the two, but my brain isn't
exactly up to spec right now.

good call, dude. ;-)

Matt "defender of rubber chickens everywhere" Hanyok
http://deruberhanyok.freeservers.com/
"I've yet to understand this concept of 'stupid people' which seem to exist
everywhere in society, who already outnumber the smart people, who control
most major portions of the world, are in positions of extreme power and are
breeding at an alarming rate. Honestly, it frightens the willies out of me."