Der UberHanyok (mhanyo1@umbc.edu)
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 20:40:47 -0400

> I grew up with the orginial Transformers and I thought Beast Wars was
really
> good.
>
> Aaron

fair enough. I think it all comes down to a matter of taste - what aspects
you liked most about the original shows.

Personally (I don't know if this is how it is for others), I'm a big fan of
the actual animation. No matter how nice the CG looks, it won't ever be
"animation." That was my favorite thing about the older shows. Even in newer
series, movies, heck, even games (The Playstation 2 Gradius Video, for
example), those are AWESOME graphics, but it's just not animation.

That just kills it for me. If I want CG, I'll watch Babylon 5. I think it's
a nice thing to try out (like G-Saviour... whatever happened to that
anyways?), but if the series was originally animated, there's a quality that
can't be captured in computer graphics. (HAH! I brought it back on topic!)

Matt "defender of rubber chickens everywhere" Hanyok
http://deruberhanyok.freeservers.com/
"I've yet to understand this concept of 'stupid people' which seem to exist
everywhere in society, who already outnumber the smart people, who control
most major portions of the world, are in positions of extreme power and are
breeding at an alarming rate. Honestly, it frightens the willies out of me."