Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 21:32:22 -0700

Dafydd writes,

>I guess they figure than anyone who has to be spoon-fed an English-dubbed
>(and significantly rewritten) version will also stand for having the
>episodes doled out one at a time.
>
>Of course, the dubbed eps are, what, half the list price of the subbed eps?
> So by selling them at half-price but one-third to one-quarter the episode
>count, the "less expensive" dubs end up costing 150% to 200% more....

  One more time: The dubbed 0083 episodes are two to a tape, with the
seventh volume having a single episode (and a slightly lower price).

  What I am curious about, however, is the 0080 dub that's supposedly now
shipping through Pioneer (well, volume 1 at any rate). According to the
listings at TokyoPop and Amazon, this one's two volumes of three episodes
each. But, like the Gundam movie dubs, it's a Bandai
Entertainment-branded one that's sold only through retail, with Pioneer
as the distributor.

  Anyone seen this yet? Is it more along the lines of the 0083 dub
(pretty decent) or the first Gundam movie (rewritten into total crap)?

-- Mark