Der UberHanyok (mhanyo1@umbc.edu)
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 16:08:41 -0400

> In a Minovsky particle enriched environment, machines of war would have to
> rely on visual targeting and acquisition. To this, optical arrays would be
> needed. A BI-optical array (Gundam) should be more accurate than a
> mono-optical array (Zaku), but a phased array (GM) should be superior.
>
> SJ

well, that's the technical reason, but I think they did it more for the art
purposes than anything else. The mono-eye looks kinda weird, so it fits
pretty well with the "bad guys," but the two eyes or the visor look more
idunno... expected... so it's on the "good guys." Tho, it does make you
wonder: if the phased array is superior, how come all these GMs keep getting
blown up? Doesn't that cost some serious cash?

Matt "defender of rubber chickens everywhere" Hanyok
http://deruberhanyok.freeservers.com/
"I've yet to understand this concept of 'stupid people' which seem to exist
everywhere in society, who already outnumber the smart people, who control
most major portions of the world, are in positions of extreme power and are
breeding at an alarming rate. Honestly, it frightens the willies out of me."