Der UberHanyok (mhanyo1@umbc.edu)
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 20:11:53 -0400

> You should have gotten the Black Tri Stars' High Mobility MS-06R-1A Zaku
II.
> Those come with new weapons and a pilot figure, not to mention the way
cool
> vernier-loaded legs. And in case you haven't heard, there will be a
limited

http://www.hlj.com/cgi-bin/hljpage3.cgi?BAN72574

Is that the Zaku you're talking about? Because I was placing two orders, one
of non-MG kits and one of MG kits, but I haven't ordered the MG ones. Lemme
know, because that one does look a bit cooler than Char's Zaku, plus I
wouldn't have to paint the whole thing black and it does have some pretty
cool weapons n stuff.

> We will probably be kicking ourselves when a MG RickDom II gets announced,
> however unlikely that is.

Okay, I finally went over to the mobile suit database and looked up the Rick
Dom, Rick Dom II, and Dom Tropen. Turns out the Rick Dom II is the one I
REALLY want, or the Dom Tropen, cause I liked those almost more than the
Gelgoogs. So, only one of the two Dom Kits, I think I should go with the
first one released, and hold off in case a II or Tropen comes along. Even if
it is unlikely.

> If you were thinking of the "HGUC" series of kits, they were in 1/144
scale
> too. Basically kits with brand new design from the ground up (no
retooling
> whatsoever) of the classic MSs from the UC Tomino shows. The series thus
> far includes: GunCannon, Gyan, Zaku III Custom, Qubeley, 100-Shiki, and
the
> latest that was annouced was the Zugock (YES!!!!)

those are indeed the ones I were referring to. Thanks for clearing that up.

> Don't hold your breath until Gundam comes out on DVD in Japan. That's the
> official policy, the reasoning behind it being "gaijins do not deserve to
> get all the cool stuff before we do". I bet Emotion is holding back on
> Gundam DVDs because they must be cooking up some really cool value-added
> contents that take advantage of the possibilities DVD technology offers.
>
> Eddie

heh, that's cool. I suppose what's going to end up happening is that I'll
buy 08th MS team on videotape (boxed set, yeah, tho is better not be one
episode per tape - I just realized AnimeVillage was doing that with 0083 now
and I think that's a crime.), and then when Gundam is released on DVD, buy
'em all over again.

Why is it that I have all these EXPENSIVE hobbies? sigh...

Matt "defender of rubber chickens everywhere" Hanyok
http://deruberhanyok.freeservers.com/
"I've yet to understand this concept of 'stupid people' which seem to exist
everywhere in society, who already outnumber the smart people, who control
most major portions of the world, are in positions of extreme power and are
breeding at an alarming rate. Honestly, it frightens the willies out of me."