Der UberHanyok (mhanyo1@umbc.edu)
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 12:39:12 -0400

> I dunno about you, but for me this recent batch of new releases are
> beginning to put me into financial woes... seems like the Big Bang Project
> is about quantity, not quality...

I'm not worried, yet. I mean, sure, those particular kits are all variations
on the same base, but they all look to be good kits, plus they're kits that
people WANT. I mean, my GM is one of my favorite MG kits, mostly because
it's so cool! Color variations worry me when you see a lot of those. (I
never understood the reasoning behind having so many Zaku kits. I love my
Zaku, don't get me wrong, but I have ONE, the regular greenie, painted
black, and I MIGHT get Char's Zaku for the extra goodies, but that's it.)

> They won't have any pictures until they actually get the kits.

Yeah, I figured as such.

> The Rick comes with heat saber, beam bazooka, and a regular bazooka.
> Doesn't look like it will come with the machine gun, panzer faust, and
> extra ammo clips like the MG Dom. Besides, you get a pilot figure with
> the MG Dom, so I guess you should go with the Dom, or get 1 of each.

I've never thought the little pilot figures were such a great deal - I just
want the gundams. Although, I may just get one of each, if they prove to be
just different enough. (Heck, I bought the gelgoog-a and b/c, why not get a
second dom, right?)

> Even more exciting news is the MG ZZ coming out...

Yes, so I hear. Hopefully it will be a bit more um... "solid" than the Zeta.

> Not sure what you were referring to by "those re-tooled 1/100 kits" - the
> 1/144 RX-78-2 Gundam kit was re-tooled and released as a "First Grade"
<snip>

I vaguely remember there being some buzz back in April about a bunch of
re-tooled 0079 kits. ("Katoki" comes to mind tho I'm not sure quite why.)
They were supposed to be more poseable and made from better plastic, or
something.

> Hmm... you might want to get the coating version kit of MG GP-01Fb, which

coating never was that big with me. I mean, I've got the models, and I don't
really like all the shiny eye-candy anyways. Sure it's neat, but I'd rather
pay less for the non-coated one. Call it preference.

> Gee, aren't they running out of Gundams for the MG line? I guess the
> Nu, F-91, and even 08th MS Team Gundams aren't far in the future.

Well, a Nu Gundam would be cool (Tho I'd prefer the "Hi-Nu"), but really I'm
just a big fan of the ones I've seen, limiting me to the movie trilogy, 0080
and 0083. (And soon, the 08th MS team, cause I'm ordering the boxed set from
Animevillage the day its released). I wouldn't mind seeing Zeta Gundam or
CCA either, but that's a bit far off the original topic here.

> It's known as the "national shame" in Japan. Strangely, it found more
> acceptance here on the GML, where few had actually seen an episode of the
> show...
>
> Eddie

That's too bad. I had kind of hoped it would have picked up over there,
because the premise behind it seemed pretty cool. Ah well. Sometimes stuff
just doesn't happen the way you hope it to.

Speaking of hopes, any word on Anime Village releasing Gundam on DVD?

Matt "defender of rubber chickens everywhere" Hanyok
http://deruberhanyok.freeservers.com/
"I've yet to understand this concept of 'stupid people' which seem to exist
everywhere in society, who already outnumber the smart people, who control
most major portions of the world, are in positions of extreme power and are
breeding at an alarming rate. Honestly, it frightens the willies out of me."