Chris Beilby (cbeilby@hotmail.com)
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 15:05:19 GMT

>From: MS06ZAK@aol.com
>To: gundam@aeug.org
>Subject: Re: [gundam] G-Force & pilot for Mobile Suit
>Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 07:48:29 EDT
>
>In a message dated 9/15/99 9:39:58 PM Central Daylight Time, rsu@tigana.com
>writes:
>
><< Another technical inconsistency? (I am talking about
> space based Mobile Suits, ground based Mobile Suits tends to be slow
> down by gravity). >>
>Is there even G-Force in space??? I didn't think there was??
>
>Jason
>
>-

In this case, G-forces are a function of acceleration rather than gravity,
similarly to the way in which centrifical (spelling?) force is used to
simulate gravity in a space colony. It is a function of Newton's laws.
When creating thrust, the g-forces in question are caused by the thrust
overcoming the inertia of the body which the thrust is being applied to.