Kaworu Nagisa (17thangel@tokyo-3.com)
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 08:13:37 -0400

>but what happens when there are *two* rubberized
>pilots inside the superduper-holodeck cockpit? (rain
>and domon...in that rather cheesy holding-hands
>gesture,

 Added power I guess...

>to defeat master asia, who doesn't wear any
>rubber, for the first time)?

 I don't know how he does it, but even George and Kyouji
 can control their Gundams even when they're not in it,
 and weren't even wearing that Mobile Trace suit...

>anyway, off topic (but still g gundam)
>
>can someone explain to me the technicalities of the
>'gundam fight' (without giving away the entire story)?

 I know a member of this ML has a G Gundam site... the
 location was saved in my bookmarks, but since my Windows
 broke down and needed to be formatted... anyway, it's
 the best G Gundam site I've ever been to, and he even has the rules for the Gundam Fight, character profiles, and a lot of resin kit scans in there. Can you believe, there
 is actually a resin model of the Nobel Gundam ^^ I'll
 try to search for it, or contact the webmaster, don't
 worry.

>is the gundam fight simply a tour around the world
>one-on-one fight (ala highlander), and only one
>remains? or is it some sort of royal rumble
>free-for-all? i'm getting a little thrown off here
>(we're at episode 22 where all the gundams are moving
>to new hongkong for some big day...)

 I think it's more like the "World's Greatest Magician
 Tournament" in Akazukin Chacha, wherein you can declare
 a challenge to any magician you see... but in this case,
 the Gundam Fighters. The Hongkong tournament seems to be
 the finals round, wherein the survivors of the 11 months
 of Gundam fight will meet and... well... how they will
 fight still remains to be seen for those who haven't
 seen it yet. Well, I'm really looking forward to see
 Nobel... err, Allenby-chan ^^;

>ok...the matador gundam and nether (windmill) gundam
>look better animated (which is to say, they look a bit
>less silly but silly nonetheless...:P), but i suppose
>that's just the charm of animation.

 Speaking of today's episode, did you see how the Walter,
 Heaven's Sword, and Grand Gundam, and that horse thingie
 tried to ruin Domon's final chance to participate in the
 finals? And when Domon made it just in the nick of time,
 they all went away? What a bunch of troublemakers, that was so funny ^^;

Kaworu Nagisa (aka Veilchen)