Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 18:42:17 +0800

>No, G Gundam doesn't have Newtypes at all. What we're seeing here is an
>analog of the sentai shows, where the hero summons the robot, which
>operates either autonomously or by a pre-programmed sequence until the
>pilot boards, usually by riding up a beam of light, as anything less would
>be tediously time-consuming. The same thing happens with the MF in G Gundam
>(STAR TREK introduced the concept of the transporter because they didn't
>have the time or budget to depict the ship landing every episode.)
>So, Damon snaps his fingers and the pod opens to reveal the Shining Gundam,
>which moves into position to receive Domon, who magically appears in the
>cockpit. (Later, he docks the air car with the God Gundam to board.) Once
>in the cockpit, Domon goes through the Trace System rubberizing process,
>then does his warmup and checkout kata (now faithfully replicated by the
>MF) and is ready to rock 'n' roll.
>Without the pilot, the MF can perform certian limited functions to link up
>with the pilot. Once the pilot is aboard, the Trace System translates the
>pilot's movements into MF actions.
>No Newtypes, no real mystery here.
>-Z-

So does that mean that these G gundams have a limited number of subroutines
until their pilots can get into their cockpit? Hmmmm. I wonder. Aside
from obvious examples like the rx-78 and Alice, are there any other known
gundams which have automatic subroutines for when their pilots get knocked
out? I did a fanfic of this concerning GW and the deathscythe, but I'm not
sure if there are actually more robots with that sort of thing in Gundam.

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter
ICQ#12914919