-Z- (Z@Gundam.Com)
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 15:32:24 -0700

At 13:56 9/12/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>Several MSV suits, the first one being the Black Tri-Stars' MS-06R-1A
>high mobility Zaku IIs. The MS-06F Zaku II Minelayer (note how Bandai
>forgot that the "F" designation was taken when they named the space
>variant of the MG Zaku II kit), MS-14C Gelgoog Cannon, and of course
>PF-78-1 Perfect Gundam were all fan creations that first appeared else
>where before Bandai released them as plastic injection kits. The Perefect
>Gundam came from the manga Plamo Kyoshiro, and the other designs came from
>Hobby Japan's How to Build Gundam vol. II. In the same issue they also had
>prototypes of what would eventually become the MS-06D Desert Zaku II and the
>YMS-09 Dom Tropical Test Type.

Oops! I seem to have gotten the MSV and MS-X series confused. In my
earlier description of MSV, I was thinking of the MS-10 Dowadge, MS-11 Act
Zaku, MS-12 Gigan, MS-13 Gasshia and MS-17 Galbaldy Alpha, but those are
all MS-X, not MSV.

On the other hand, the vast majority of MSV designs were from Kunio
Okawara, among them the FA-78 Full Armor Gundam, MS-04 Prototype Zaku,
RAG-79 Aqua GM, RGC-80 GM Cannon and a 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th Gundam, all of
which were made "alternative" with the advent of the RX-78 NT-1 Gundam G-4.

-Z-