Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 03:42:37 +0800

>> Generally, it's never Romanized as 'Zion' for the reason that Shodt
>> didn't use that form, due to the religious and political connotations of
>> the name.
>AnimeVillage says its "Zeon", so I guess its offically "Zeon", now. You'll
>see the "Zeon" spelling used in all of AV's Gundam info.
>Aaron

Religious controversy aside, i kinda would figure that Zion would have been
an interesating take on how the "dukedom" saw itself...the true descendants
of human development and all that. still, I agree in principle that the
religious connotations are way too sensitive for it to have been officially
translated as such.

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter