-Z- (Z@Gundam.Com)
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 14:32:58 -0700

At 03:23 9/10/1999 +0000, you wrote:
>According to the latest G-Goods Newsletter, slated for release in October
>are the "1/100 MG Casper's (Kaspal?) Gundam 4500yen" and the "1/100 MG
>Gato's Gelgoog 5500yen". I assume the latter is the Gelgoog Marine in 0083,
>but I have no idea what the former is. Can anyone shed some light on this?

That's the red Gundam done up in Char Aznable's "Red Comet" color scheme.

Char's real name is Cassoval ("Kiyasubaru") Lem Daikun.

His other aliases are Edward Mass (elder brother of Sayla Mass, whose real
name is Artesia Som Daikun) and Quattro Vezina (my own preferred rendering
-- your mileage may vary). This guy's got a rap sheet as long as your arm.
 (^_^);

Seriously, though, here's the chronology:

Born Cassoval Lem Daikun circa UC 0059

Escaped with his sister subsequent to establishment of the Zeon Archduchy
on 15 August 0069, placed with the Mass family by Jinba Lal

Joined the Zeon Elite Force Academy as Char Aznable circa UC 0075,
falsifying his age as 18 (false birthdate circa 0057, as reflected in his
registration number PM0571977243S)

Returned to the Earth Sphere as Quattro Vezina and illegally obtained a
copy of the EFSF military register on 17 June 0084

Revealed his identity as both Char Aznable and Cassoval Lem Daikun at the
Federation Deliberative Assembly in Dakar, Senegal on 16 November 0087

Went missing in action during the AEUG-Axis-Titans battle on 22 February 0088

Returns as Char Aznable and commands the military takeover of Sweetwater
colony in Side 3 (L2) on 22 December 0092

Presumed dead after the attempted Axis drop on 12 March 0093

The Char Continuation Project began circa UC 0152, resulting in the "memory
clone" Afransia Char circa UC 0184.

-Z-