Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 11:25:10 -0700

Rodrick Su writes,

>So that Rick Dom was Delaz's personal MS.

  That's what it says in the 0083 novels (which are edited by series
director Imanishi). I looked at the animation again and, yes, that's one
funky Dom - black and brown, with red highlights and purple trim on most
of the armor parts. Evidently Delaz is one of the many Zeon commanders
who keeps a personalized mobile suit for battlefield excursions. This
would explain not only why the Dom was still in the hangar, but also why
Delaz rushed down to the hangar so quickly ("hey, Colonel - somebody's
stealing your Dom!").

  But what kind of Dom is it? Its detailing is identical to the
ground-only MS-09F/TROP Dom Tropen, but we can't see its feet. Perhaps
it's the mythical MS-09F Dom Fuenf, which would presumably be a
general-purpose space/ground model.

>I figured Gato just want another
>working MS and go right back out to combat, since his own Gelgoog (is it
>YMS-14A or MS-14? I figured that Gato would be in the Ace Corp) has been
>render useless.

  It's supposedly a YMS-14 (also known as the MS-14S), which means it
would have to be one of the 24 test units assigned to the Ace Corps. This
is significant because it would be the first evidence that the Ace Corps
didn't just consist of pilots from Kishiria Zabi's forces. It also means
that Gato would have it rather earlier than the appearance of the
mass-produced Gelgoog, so he could potentially have used it at Solomon
after all...

>It would make sense that Delaz would have a personal MS,
>and it being available at the time. Afterall, he is too busy commanding his
>ship and its MS to go out in combat himself.

  Exactly! Works out rather neatly.

-- Mark