Y. Choe (cmaster@ucla.edu)
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 23:41:03 -0700

> Actually, the way the series is strutctured reminds me a bit about the
> space operas of old animation, and then they somehow mixed storylines more
> reminiscent of soe of the stuff I have seen in the chinese movies
> that were
> dubbed for afternoon entertainment here in the Philippines (like the
> shaolin sagas). I am quite impressed, that the basic silliness of some of
> the designs suddenly look in place in the show, and that they do not
> detract at all from the storyline.

That has to do with the fact that the director of G Gundam (who's name
escapes me for the moment. It can be found on the Gundam Project) also
directed Giant Robo (Is this right? I know he did several traditional giant
robots). Thus, you have the flavorings of the classic good robot vs. the
monster of the week, albeit the monsters also happpen to be Gundams as well.

In essence, one could say it's Gundam finding its roots again, so to speak.

I'll be gone for awhile, but I doubt that you'll notice. Ciao all.

Y. Choe