BlazeEagle@aol.com
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 22:15:04 EDT

dum_dee_doo@hotmail.com writes:

> yes, it is silly. but is it really any sillier than humanoid mechs in the
> first place? is it realy sillier than...say, master asia downing several
> mechs by himself (without aid of his mobile fighter)? are all the
> out-of-this-world kung-fu in g gundam not silly? :P

I didn't say they were silly. If I thought Gundam was silly, I wouldn't be in
this ML and into Gundam, build the kits, buy the toys, etc. I have not seen G
Gundam, I a have only seen the mecha designs. G Gundam is an alternate Gundam
universe.

> i thought that was what g gundam precisely was -- a superhero robot show
> (all those wacked out kung-fu moves don't help...hehe). it doesn't fall
> into a war story category (as all the rest of the gundam shows). instead,
> it's shaping out to be a "cain vs. abel" story. (but then, it's only the
> 17th episode here in the philippines, so we'll have to see...)

Uh, if you mean Gundam, yes that's the impression I get of what G Gundam is
about from what I have read. I wasn't complaining about it, just saying how
different it is from other Gundam shows. As I said in my first message,
there's nothing wrong with G Gundam, just that its different. My comments
where based on the mecha designs.
Its kinda refreshing to Gundam. I mean, the purpose of the AC shows is to do
the Gundam story in a different way. I thought Tomino created Gundam to not
but a super hero robot show, but a military/war story with giant robots as
the weapons? But, I guess this doesn't apply to G Gundam, since its done by
another person.

> about the only thing that bugs me in g gundam is it's political scenarios.

> that the gundam designs are pretty stereotypical (stupidly so) are a
given.

> that the main hero of the show is japanese is a given. what i want to
know
> is if the show's producers are trying to say something (in the context of
> old world war 2 wounds).
> is it just me or do they have something against UK? what with the episode
> on the has-been drug addict john bull gundam. and america, france, russia
> and china are hyped up so much? the gundam spiegel just showed up, so
> we'll have to see how germany is treated.
>
> am i reading too much into it?

Who knows, I haven't seen G Gundam. After looking at the G Gundam designs,
there's lots of mecha that didn't make it to injection, resin, or toy form. I
guess G Gundam didn't do extremly well in Japan. Almost all the other Gundam
shows of kits of almost all the mecha, even if it gets just a few seconds of
screen time. G Gundam's designs are different, but I'd love to have kits or
toys of the mecha not made into toy or kit form at all.

Aaron