garrick lee (dum_dee_doo@hotmail.com)
Tue, 07 Sep 1999 09:46:10 PHT

>I was looking at the Resin kits from G Gundam and G has some weird idea's
>and
>designs, but they are neat, but not Gundam like compared to the other
>Gundam
>shows. Master Gundam on a robot horse?!?!

yes, it is silly. but is it really any sillier than humanoid mechs in the
first place? is it realy sillier than...say, master asia downing several
mechs by himself (without aid of his mobile fighter)? are all the
out-of-this-world kung-fu in g gundam not silly? :P

>I have no problems with G Gundam,
>but the designs are very different, makes Gundam look like Super Hero robot
>show.

i thought that was what g gundam precisely was -- a superhero robot show
(all those wacked out kung-fu moves don't help...hehe). it doesn't fall
into a war story category (as all the rest of the gundam shows). instead,
it's shaping out to be a "cain vs. abel" story. (but then, it's only the
17th episode here in the philippines, so we'll have to see...)

about the only thing that bugs me in g gundam is it's political scenarios.
that the gundam designs are pretty stereotypical (stupidly so) are a given.
that the main hero of the show is japanese is a given. what i want to know
is if the show's producers are trying to say something (in the context of
old world war 2 wounds).
is it just me or do they have something against UK? what with the episode
on the has-been drug addict john bull gundam. and america, france, russia
and china are hyped up so much? the gundam spiegel just showed up, so
we'll have to see how germany is treated.

am i reading too much into it?

-ddd