-Z- (Z@Gundam.Com)
Sat, 04 Sep 1999 21:06:23 -0700

At 20:16 9/4/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>What is the story behind this "what if". Is it that Char decides to go the
>Sayla Mass route and fight with the Federation from the beginning (and
>nudge Amuro out of the picture), or is it a "what if" Char had succeeded in
>capturing the Gundam at Side 7 and is using it against the Feds. (Though I
>doubt Char would have been allowed to keep the pride of Fed R&D to
>himself.)

Although I haven't had any firsthand exposure to this scenario, what I've
been able to gather from the various descriptions suggests a development
akin to the end of the third Gundam novelization, Confrontation.

SPOILER WARNING!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
SPOILER WARNING!

Amuro gets killed and Char, manifesting his full latent Newtype potential
as a result, essentially takes Amuro's place as leader of the Federation's
Newtype Corps. He inherits the Gundam as well, repainting it in his
signature colors.

-Z-