-Z- (Z@Gundam.Com)
Thu, 02 Sep 1999 15:09:18 -0700

At 13:46 9/2/1999 -0700, you wrote:
> The only case of GMs being armored with Luna titanium is in the 08th MS
>Team, where you could reasonably speculate that the early pre-production
>models hadn't yet cut this particular corner. Then again, the model kit
>manuals also claim that Luna titanium is used on the various Goufs from
>this series, so maybe they just don't know what the hell they're talking
>about.

AH, yes, that's where I got it. Burke Rukes Big List O' Mecha doesn't have
an armor entry for the original RGM-79 GM or the 0080 and 0083 GMs, but
lists lunar titanium for the RGM-79[G] GM Ground Unit, titanium ceramic
composite for the RGM-79R GM II and titanium gundarium alloy RGM-86R GM
III. Since the RX-75 Guntank and RX-77 Guncannon are also listed as being
lunar titanium, I assumed the GM (as represented by the Ground Unit) was
also and that the downgrade to titanium ceramic composite on the GM II
occurred in the post-1YW era.

Thanks for the correction and, I agree, plain titanium is the most likely
GM armor -- superior to Zeon's high-tensile steel, but inferior to the
later titanium ceramic composite.

-Z-