Paul Fields (johnny_raiden@hotmail.com)
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 14:55:25 -0400

> I always thought that Alex's "uniqueness" is its outrageous reaction
> time, not its specs. I am pretty sure GP01 is a better MS overall....
> Besides, it's not really "fair" to compare GP01 and Alex since most people
> on the list agreed that some of the stuff in 0083 doesn't really fit into
> the UC timeline that well (GP03 is the most obvious example. Even GP01 and
> GP01Fb seems to be better than Gundam Mk-II...)

But the MK II is really crap anyway... It was always getting
its butt kicked by everything else in the series. Basically
you had a PLOT character in it, or you didn't same as any
Gundam. The thing about OVAs is you can have Test pilots
"Chris" defeat an Ace special forces pilot one day, and
lose everything to a determined Rookie "Bernie" the next.
In a series like MSG or ZG, Amuro/Camille has time to
actually learn to pilot the thing and become a combat monster.

The GP series was proof of concept like the RX-78, the
RX-178 MK-II was to them more like the RX-79(G) series
more of a mass produced feel without ever making it to
Mass production... So there are resons why the GP is better
than the MK-II its all about why they we're built. Yes I'll admit
0083 brings a lot of plot inconsistencies along with it, but
that's why I only play OYW anyways. I like 08th MS team
and 0080 problems much better than those caused by 0083
to the storyline before Zeta. Especially all the retconned GMs
get really hard to ignore... one wonders why they simply did
not continue improving the GM line instead of making the MK-II
or continue the GP series, with a Re-GP-01Fb (Refined)as the
standard Titans suit, like they did to the Gundam Zeta for CCA.

Paul