Dom Tetreault (skeizer@juno.com)
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 00:16:53 -0400

On Wed, 01 Sep 1999 23:07:10 EDT "Hoi Fai Leung"

> >what event precisely got you guys into gundam?

I never did get round to answering this...

My first taste of Gundam came last year, when I was treated to the first
four episodes of Gundam X at a local show. First reaction: 'I have that
song in mp3!' (Dreams, X OP). Second reaction: 'Gundam. I've heard of
this.' And I was slack-jawed for the rest of the show. (I still love
Roybea's Leopard, even with my GM infatuation.) I know X is looked down
upon here, but it's the first Gundam I ever saw and it holds a special
place in my heart. =) I mean, how cool is the satellite cannon? *grins*

As for kits, my first was a 1/100 X Divider from HLJ. It's still in the
process of being bashed with a Leopard. Haven't looked back since. I've
done the occasional bash, my best so far being Long-Range Support RGM-79L
GM, sorta like a GM Sniper, I suppose, but without the emphasis on
accuracy. =)

I wish I could be a mobile suit pilot. Then I wouldn't be stuck working
til 2am all the time. *sighs*

- dom