Paul Fields (johnny_raiden@hotmail.com)
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 07:14:19 -0400

> Where does the "weak armor" come from? I've never seen a reference to GMs
> having weaker armor than a Gundam, other than the fact the a main
character

GMs are not made from Luna Titanium, which is initially used
only for Gundams, in Zeta, damn near all MS are made from
the renamed Gundarium. At least stuff built by Anaheim.

> I have seen references to the GM Cannon II's heavy armor being the same
> as the G-4 Alex's Full Armor, which is far tougher than even any armor any
> previous Gundam mounted. But we see GM Cannon IIs getting trashed just
like
> any other MS.

I haven't seen these, but Guncannons of any flavor are tough
and considering their place later in the series, our current
tanks with Chobham armor are much tougher than ones of
just a few years earlier, without it.

> And in Tomino's MSG novel trilogy (that many scoff at, but I
> don't) GM's were better armed and armored than the G-2 or G-3. It was
Amuro's
> New Type abilities that made him invincible.

Yes in the Novels that was true, the novels aren't worse than
the animation, just different. Hell I need to get the last two for
myself, I like them a lot.

> Hell, GunCannons actually
> mounted far more armor than the Gundam, because the Gundam was intended as
> close in fighter that needed to be light so it could maneuver.

Absoulutely correct.

> So please tell me where it is specifically stated that GMs are down graded
> Gundam. I have yet to find such a reference.

Compare the fact that the GM has:

alloy armor
less powerful engine
the same vulcans
the same shield
no core fighter
better eye sensors
only one beam saber...

It isn't a downgrade, it just isn't loaded with all of the options either.

> SJ

Paul