Heero (zzgundam@home.com)
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 22:16:02 -0700

Generally, a Gundam has an armor consisting of a material called "Lunar
Titanium" also known as "Gundarium," while GM's lack any such armor.
I've been following discussions in which GM's are called "massed
produced Gundams," but correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a suit have
to be made of Gundarium in order to be considered a "Gundam"? And since
a GM's armor doesn't have any Gundarium but is rather made up of a what
I beleive is a titanum alloy ceramic composite, they can't be called
"Gundams," can they? The fact they are armored with Gundarium is the
reason why the a Gundam can survive being bombarded by beam fire,
missile
attacks, and a whole slew of other weapons that would totally obliterate
an ordinary mobile suit, not just because the hero of the hero of the
show happens to be in the suit. It's a good thing too that Kou (whom a
while ago was called "the most unaffective Gundam pilot") was in a
Gundam. Had he not had the GPs' added armor, he'd probably been killed
in the first battle with Gato. Even Christine was lucky to have been in
the
Alex, for she probably would not have survived Misha's ferious barrage
if it weren't for the fact that she was in a Gundam.