Tue, 31 Aug 1999 19:28:56 -0700 (PDT)

--- Heero <zzgundam@home.com> wrote:

> Hi Group!
>
> I am trying to compile a lists of females who have
> either piloted a Gundam or Gundam component in the
> entire Gundam universe. This includes not only the
> animes, but the various novels, games, mangas, and
> other side stories which I know virutually next to
> nothing about. The only sources I have are what
> videos have been released commercially, various
> fansubs, and books written in Japanese which I wish
> I could read but can't, but I hey, could understand
> the pictures and filmshots pretty damn well :-), and

> magazine synopses which I haven't read in years.
> Below is a list of who I know about, which contains
> a lot of omissions as well as perhaps, some errors,
> so any corrections and additions would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Peter
>

> Universal Century Timeline
>
> Gundam 0079: Sayla Mass; OK technically, she
> didn't pilot a Gundam, but she manuevered that Core
> Booster pretty darn well. Did she pilot anything
> else?

In the "Gundam 0079" TV series, Sayla piloted the
RX-78-2 once w/o Bright Noah's permission, and when
the G-Armor arrived, she & Amuro form the G-Armor duo,
with Amuro pilots Gundam as usual & Sayla pilot the
G-Fighter.

> 0080-War in the Pocket: ... (snip) Makes you wonder
> why the Federation didn't simply repair and reuse
it.
> Then again, doesn't it seems that Gundams are rarely

> ever repaired? They simply get replaced with the
> newest model.

It has to do with spare parts, and the Feds were not
prepared for attack of any kind when they tested NT-1
inside a neutal colony. Also, building a
fully-equipped prototype (or precede type model like
RX-79(G) in "The 08th MS Team" OVA) are very
expensive, so the Fed's have to test them to see
whether they are feastible for mass production, or
which part(s) can be applied on a cheaper
mass-produced models (like GMs)

> 0080-Stardust Memories: Nina Purpleton, although I
> wouldn't exactly call the moves that she did with
> that core fighter in Ep 13 "piloting" (nor did she
> have any authorization to be in the core fighter in
> the first place), she still was at the controls.

IIRC, she never pilot GP-01 or GP-02A throughout the
story. If you are counting Core Fighter as a Gundam,
then Ryu, Hiyato, Kai, and even Sleggar Rowe from
"0079" are qualified as Gundam pilots, but that's not
true.

And, though it's highly controversial regarding the
background of Gerbera Tetra (the GML has a very heated
debate on this a while ago), you may consider Cima
Garahau's AGX-04 is a thinly disguised GP-04G (pls
read the GML's achive of last 2 months for this). It's
up to you to decide.

(snip)

> Gundam Double Zeta: This is the show I would like
> the most help with. The only references I have are
> watching a raw version of the last episode, a few
> Newtype 100% Collection books, and a poster. My
> poster shows the Double Zeta in the foreground, with

> the Zeta behind on the left and the MK II behind to
> the right (You mean, the AEUG actually repaired and
> still use these two SUITS???!!! Incredible!). Below
> the SUITs are pictures of Judo, a purple-haired girl

> on the left (who I assume flies the Zeta) and a
> blonde girl (who I assume flies Mk II). I also
assume
> that these two ladies are in the Core Base and Core
> Top when Judo is piloting the Core Fighter. If I am
> mistaken, could you tell me the pilots of the Double
> Zeta Gundam componenta are?

The piloting in ZZ is actually a roller-coaster. Roux
Rouka (the purple-haired volunteer to fight for AEUG)
has piloted Zeta as well as Double Zeta, when Judo is
absent/groove off, etc., whereas Elle Vianno (the
blonde who belongs to Judo's youth gang) has piloted
Gundam mkII and Zeta (not sure if she had piloted
Double Zeta, I'll have to check my tapes) Also, the
FXA-08R "Mega Rider", a vehicle for MS transport w/ a
mega particle cannon, has been 'driven' by alomost
everyone in the Judo's gang, including the 2 girls you
mentioned. Last but not least, the young Elpe Puru
(Judo's so-called 'sister') has piloted the Gundam
mkII once & she was saved by Camille's psychic power
when she was down and out.

> Char's Counterattack: Kayra Su-Pilot of the RGZ-91
> ReGz Refined Gundam Zeta

Don't forget Chien Agi. She piloted the crap-out Re-Gz
before she was killed.

who else?

"The 08th MS Team" OVA: Karen Joshua is a regular
behind her RX-79(G) "Ground-Combat Gundam"; and by
chance, Aina Sakhalin 'piloted' Shiroh's RX-79(G) for
a couple of minutes to do the famous 'beam sabre
heating a pool of ice' trick.

===
Nightingale