Paul Fields (johnny_raiden@hotmail.com)
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 20:37:48 -0400

> That's why I now like Gundam better than Macross, though I still am a
Macross
> fan. I sure hate having things unexplained all because they came as a
result of
> alien and terran technology. I haven't heard anyone explain in detail how
the
> Valkyries in Macross transform so fast (gee, I could only imagine how much
> structural stress would that be, going from fighter mode to battroid), how
they
> are powered, and such. Gundam has "real-world" explanations behind their
> hardware, so to speak. Gundam tech really is technology for the 21st
Century...
> :-)

I dunno, the transformations would need to be fast for
any combat machine, or else the machine would have
a vulnerable time while it was transforming. Joints would
be reinforced to deal with "that" stress. What I never
could see was them transforming at high airspeeds.

As in I'm flying along as fast as I can go, and flip the
switch look I'm a battroid, no breaking speed, slow
down even, nope just high speed guiltless animation.

Paul "No physics for me thanks I'm flying" Fields