mirai yashima (mirai_yashima@hotmail.com)
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 18:23:14 EDT

> > There are other Anime that features buttkicking women as protagonists.
>I'm
> > sure there are many, but I'd imagine that many of those are of Magickal
>Girl
> > Types.

All this talk about buttkicking women protagonist anime brought me to one
question. Do many women like shows just because it has a female
protagonist? I got the feeling that most of these shows with large-breasted
women protagonists appealed to men. (Cutey Honey, Project A-ko, Dirty Pair,
etc.) I certainly haven't come across too many women fans of those types of
shows.

Most women fans either seem to fall into the category of fans of shoujo
anime, like the magical girl type shows (Sailor Moon, Card Captor Sakura,
etc.) or droolers of bishounen (Yu Yu Hakusho, Gundam W, etc.) Of course
there are some fans who go for the storyline...

I find that many fans of shoujo actually dislike big-breast, sexy girl
anime. (I certainly don't care for them) You may want to keep this in mind
when recommending anime to women.

mirai yashima