Y. Choe (cmaster@ucla.edu)
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 18:22:51 -0700

> hey everyone, I was just wondering whats a good place or company to buy
> decals from. I know wave makes decals, but i've nevre seen them. I'm
> especially looking for the stripe decals and all those little warning and
> caution decals that the finished kits in hobby japan all seem to
> have. For
> example, in hobby japan 8 (Dom on cover), they have the dom with
> red stripes
> on its front and back skirts. The MG kits I have never seem to
> have enough
> usable decals for me, or they all seem to be too big or corny, i
> don't really
> want to put no step or 540lb all over my kits, thanks everyone!

Try your normal military (eg Air Force, Navy) decals at your local hobby
store. They got plenty, and within the massive collection of decals, you
can scrounge up several sheets that you will like on your mobile suit.
After all, the entire aspect of mobile suit and Gundams are entirely (well,
mostly) militaristic, or para-militaristic.

I also remember seeing a decal maker on Hobby Japan a while back. Is that
done using your normal inkjets with a special paper or will you need a
special paper and printer to do this? Got an answer for this one Ed?

Y. Choe