Y. Choe (cmaster@ucla.edu)
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 00:50:16 -0700

> And let's not forget the early Romanization on the model box: "Jimm"...
>
> (MS-06 Jack vs RGM-79 Jim! By George!)
>
> Unless it was named in honor of Jimmu, the first emperor of Japan. Oof!
>
> If we get a female pilot for the GM, will she nickname it "Jimmy"? "Slim
Jim"?

> "You don't tug on Superman's cape
> You don't spit into the wind
> You don't pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger
> And you don't mess around with my GM!"

Hey, I've been hawking the theory that the initials and some of the model
names are indeed named after western names. That's just me but...

RX -> roughly pronunciates into a bastardized form of Alex.
GM -> Jim
Zaku -> Kinda like a bastardized Jack or Zack/Zachery
Dom -> Who else! Dom Deluise! :D
Gelgoog -> Dunno. I haven't figger this one out yet.

Well.. Just a thing of mine I guess.

Y. "No funny tagline today" Choe