Heero (zzgundam@home.com)
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 19:03:31 -0700

I once heard that GM stood for "General Model/Mecha/Machine," take your
pick. Of course, this is the same source that said "GUNDAM" stood for
"General Utility Non-Discontinuity Augmented Maneuvering (System)."
From what I gathered by reading a post off off rec.arts.anime.models
several months ago, "Gundam" is a name that Tomino or one of the other
show creators came up with upon a belief that a successful show's title
should have an "N' or an "M" or some other letter which I can't recall
right now. Anyone else got any comments regarding what GUNDAM and GM
stand for?