Ulrich Massamba (anavel@bocal.cs.univ-paris8.fr)
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 03:28:08 +0200

Chien Ting Chin wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Ulrich Massamba wrote:
> > > Hmm so a colony drop is conservative only 0.02 Megaton or 22 kiloton. Hmm
> > > how big was Hiroshima again? About the same?
> > Hiroshima bomb was 1.5 kiloton. The colony seems to be more destructive
> > than Little Boy.
>
> Really? Somehow I have the number 100 kiloton in my head. So 22 kiloton
> is pretty respectable.
>
> > If i remember well, the power of Island Ifish colony drop during British
> > Operation was 600 Megatons and such huge power just create a sea !?
>
> I wonder how one could get at 600 Megatons, that's 30,000 times bigger
> than my calculation (if it's right). Sure a colony is more than just a
> hollow tube of concrete and titanium, but I don't see a colony having
> 30,000 times more energy than that.

It's seems i was wrong about the power resulted from Island Ifish colony
drop on Sidney it's not 600Megatons BUT 0.6 billon megatons !!! I
checked in the script but i must say now that enough to take back
Humanity in stone age !

--
Ulrich "Anavel Gato" Massamba
Homepage: http://helios.cs.univ-paris8.fr/~anavel/