Vincenzo Bruni (nemus@tiscalinet.it)
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 02:18:08 +0200

Edward Ju wrote:

> This sounds ridiculous. Gundam is just a MS developed by the losing Feds
> as a direct reaction to the MS-capable Zion. It was a weapon developed to
> save their corrupt ass, not a superhero like... Batman!

Wrong. Gundam isn't only a weapon, it was intended as a symbol to boost
the troop's morale. It wasn't only a MS that destroyed tens of Zakus,
was THE FEDERAL MS. As we see since WWI the wars are no more fought
using only bullets but psychology and sociology now take their part. And
it worked: the White MS instilled fear in the Zion's troop and the
RX-78(G) was built using this fear. In V Gundam, Fifty years after the
first model saw action, the White MS still remains a symbol of power.
Bye, Vincenzo