KurenaiJiku (kurenaijiku@tech-base.com)
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 19:47:00 -0700

Just look at the name/meaning of Gundam. First off, Tomino wanted to call
it Gunboy but it sounded too immaturish. So he called it Gundom; dom means
to protect. However, it wasn't "powerful" enough, so he took "dam" which
is a barrier which protects rushing water from villages/towns. So the
Earth is a symbolic version of a village and Gundam is the "dam"/protector.
 Gundam is simply something which protects the truth/humanity/or justified
rights of life.

>> but would those truly be GM's or are they Gundams? I no that GM usually
>> means General Model, so every one has them but a Refined GUNDAM Zeta???
>
>Also, a mass produced Gundam is still a Gundam, even if there's tons of the
>Gundam being made. Even mass-produced, if its called Gundam, its Gundam
and a
>Gundam can't be classified, as a GM. Now, if they ever come out with a
Gundam