-Z- (Z@Gundam.Com)
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 16:00:41 -0700

At 02:11 8/22/1999 -0700, you wrote:

>>The same is also true of Son May (SM) Records. As I understand it, they
>>are authorized to manufacture, distribute and sell within China.
>
>Whoa, did you mean Taiwan or mainland China? That is a big difference you
>know...

That's in dispute. China says that Taiwan is Chinese and just as much a
part of "mainland" China as Hong Kong. Taiwan says "Can't we just get
along?" and acts like it's still autonomous while China fires warning shots
in the form of test flights out of Fujian Province and military exercises
in the East and South China Seas. Meanwhile, the US tries to have it both
ways, pledging support to Taiwan while granting Most Favored Nation status
to China.

I used "China" because I don't know just how far SM's license extends,
other than that it doesn't extend beyond "Chinese" jurisdiction.

-Z-