Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 20:23:28 +0800

>Not only more rounds, but quicker and easier to reload -- and, although we
>never see it, it's possible that the MS could carry spare ammo cassettes
>and reload the Vulcan on the fly.
>There's also the "mission profile" angle to consider. The RX-78 Gundam
>always had to lug the mass of the Vulcan around, whether the mission
>required it or not -- the ammo could be left out, but not the gun itself.
>The RX-178 Gundam Mk-II can dispense with the gun pod and the mass of both
>gun and ammo altogether or discard the gun pod when it runs out of ammo.
>-Z-

Good question: is the ability for it to be modular a weight factor at all?
 I mean considering the gundam itself and the size of the headphones, is
the weight consideration a factor? Also, I can understand reloading and
mission profile, but no way would I discard a gun that can be reworked to
be part of something used against me...and if the pod carries self-destruct
explosives, i think it would be too expensive...the modular idea would have
then failed partially.

dunno, just my two cents.

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos