Sat, 21 Aug 1999 18:19:06 +0000

> > Actually, the RX-79(G) does have a vulcan cannon,
> > just one in the chest instead of two in the head.
>
> Don't get me wrong I'm not nitpicking here, but we
> were talking about built-in HEAD vulcan, so RX-79(G)'s
> chest mounted gatling doesn't count.

    Whoops, sorry, missed the 'built-in head' vulcan part. My bad.

> > Shiro's RX-79(G)Ez8 (which incidentally is a
> > reference to the WWII M4A3E8 Sherman 'Easy Eight')
>
> Have a look to my previous post:
>
> http://gundam.aeug.org/archives/1999/06/0734.html
>
> to see the origin of 'Ez8' which, in this case, stands
> for "Extra Zero Eight", meaning a special MS assigned
> to the 08th MS Team (Shiroh in this case).

    Ah, so that's the show explanation, thanks. At any rate, I was
referring to the
    original origin of the name (like Valkyrie for Macross' VF-1 is taken
from the
    XB-70 Valkyrie, regardless of the explanation for it internal to the
anime). I could
    be totally wrong on this one, but its a heck of a coincidence.

    Neil