Rodrick Su (rsu@tigana.com)
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 06:04:45 -0700

At 04:53 AM 8/21/99 , Dennis wrote:
>I don'k know much about physics so.... be patient : )
>The rocks/comets in the movies are bigger and denser than a colony.
>Those colonies are quite big (3km? diameter), but the damage they did in
>Gundam was nothing compared to the movies. The rock in DI was 1.5 miles
>(2.4km or so) and recked half the world. The 1st colony that hit
>Australia was an ocean impact as well, just like DI (was it?), The
>pacific was not affected (eg. big tidal waves EVERYwhere around the
>world's coast). The density and mass are no match for the rocks but the
>colonies are accelerated by those nuclear device/engines. The nuke and
>the velocity should have caught up with the damage of the comet, or
>shouldn't it?
>I hope you people get what I am saying, since my english sucks.

1. The impact from the OYW colony drop is quite considerable. But in
reality, there should have been lots more damage. As it is, it created
Sydney Sea with just a fragments (about 1/3 of the colony).

2. Both Deep Impact and especially Armageddon also have bad physics
(lets not even mention Armageddon).

3. They eventually drop 2 more colony, the runaway colony in 0083, which
we didn't see the impact, but landed somewhere in North America. The
second colony drop is on Ireland (which should have totally destroy the
island) in ZZ Gundam. The moon also got slagged in either Zeta or ZZ
Gundam.

4. Seriously, just one of those colony drop might be enough to end life
on Earth.

5. And then, there is After War Gundam X. They drop hundreds of O'Neil
Island 3 colony on Earth, and life on Earth still goes on...

6. It's only a show. We really cannot expect them to get everything
right.

[ Rodrick Su [ ]