Dennis (dchunghk@netvigator.com)
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 12:53:12 +0100

I don'k know much about physics so.... be patient : )
The rocks/comets in the movies are bigger and denser than a colony.
Those colonies are quite big (3km? diameter), but the damage they did in
Gundam was nothing compared to the movies. The rock in DI was 1.5 miles
(2.4km or so) and recked half the world. The 1st colony that hit
Australia was an ocean impact as well, just like DI (was it?), The
pacific was not affected (eg. big tidal waves EVERYwhere around the
world's coast). The density and mass are no match for the rocks but the
colonies are accelerated by those nuclear device/engines. The nuke and
the velocity should have caught up with the damage of the comet, or
shouldn't it?
I hope you people get what I am saying, since my english sucks.