Y. Choe (cmaster@ucla.edu)
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 15:56:49 -0700

> >Hm. Does Ever Anime ring a bell for you? Was in Chinatown Centre
> >(Toronto) yesterday and picked up Gundam Concert 91, X Side 2 and
> > >Brain......
> Ever Anime is legit. I've bought quite a few from them and everything is
> high quality. Which is something you almost never get from a bootleg. Plus
> they have business reply cards and a website. www.anime.com.tw
> Casey

You sure about that? Digital Music and CDs are fairly easy to reproduce.
For instance, I can download several MP3s off the net, convert them to a WAV
file then burn them on to a CD-R. For about $1000, one can purchase CD
duplicator, which can reproduce CDs easily. And the booklets can easily be
reproduced with a good color copier. In other words, I or anyone else with
some time can make a seemingly legit CDs for pennies on the dollar.

SM CDs have reproduced silkscreens and color booklets, also in "high
quality." Ever Anime I suspect also dupes silkscreens and color booklets.

In other words, don't trust the legitimacy of CDs from Taiwan--most of the
time, at least.

Y. Choe