-Z- (Z@Gundam.Com)
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 18:06:57 -0700

At 01:09 8/19/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>>This just in:
>>
>>Mobile Suit SD Gundam: Kochira Mackenzie Detective Office (1991.5.16, King
>>Star Child KICA 48) 74 minutes for 3000
><snip>
>
>>I can't for the life of me figure out when it's supposed to take place but,
>>then again, this is an SD Gundam production, so anything goes. It came out
>>some time between Knight Gundam and Gundam Odyssey and, somehow, even the
>>F91 fits into it somewhere.
>
>Dude, in case you don't know yet, all the SD Gundam stuff take place in an
>alternate universe, so if you try to apply the UC timeline to it nothing
>will make any sense.

True enough -- and a point I tried to illustrate by trying to make sense of
it. This is a time-honored technique called "reductio ad absurbum"
(reduction to the absurd), which is the disproof of a proposition by
following it to its illogical conclusion. No matter how you try, it just
doesn't fit. Pity.

On the other hand, the SD Gundam anime have been pretty good about
following (by way of parodying) the continuity and depicting dead
characters as ghosts, so I was a bit taken aback by the presence of Sara
and Quess at a point in time when one or both were presumably deceased.

On the gripping hand, I have yet to determine when this is supposed to be
taking place, even in the SD continuum, since they don't give any dates
whatsoever.

-Z-